Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Easter!

I love Easter it is one of my favorite holiday's! I love that our country still embraces holiday's that are centered around our Savior Jesus Christ! This past week I took time each day to think of the life of Jesus, to think of what He did during the last week of His life on earth. While studying abroad in Jerusalem in 2000 we spent our last week in the city doing "the last week walk" where we retraced His steps through the city and re-lived what He did. It impacted my life and testimony so much that every year I still think of that experience. This year was a little different as I was in the hospital this past weekend with my youngest daughter. As she was hooked up to tubes and monitors because of severe dehydration I prayed. I asked my Savior to help me through this difficult and stressful time. I knew that He was there and very aware of my life. I thought of Heavenly Father and how He watched His only begotten Son suffer. My suffering at watching my youngest child was so minimal yet I felt His love and empathy. We ended "the last week walk" in the garden tomb where Christ was resurrected. There is a plaque hanging there that says "He is not here, He is risen" that is the beautiful message of this Easter season. We will have eternal life and salvation because of Him. I know that Jesus is the Christ, He is my Savior and Redeemer. I am grateful for His life and the immense blessings I have because of it.
Love was His labor
Peace was His promise
Mercy was His mission
Here is a picture of me and my beautiful daughters all dressed up in our "Easter dresses!"

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment